W A R N I N G !


W A R N I N G !

This page is full of non-facts and bullsh!t, (just like the internet and especially forums and other blogs), please do not believe entirely without exercising your intellect. Any resemblance to real things in reality is purely coincidental. You are free to interpret/misinterpret the content however you like, most likely for entertainment, but in no case is the text written on this blog the absolute truth. The blog owner and Blogger are not responsible for any misunderstanding of ASCII characters as facts. *cough* As I was saying, you are free to interpret however you like. *cough*

Saturday, December 8, 2007

An update to "Displaying the subtitles in the black area for widescreen videos"

Ok, so I found another way to do this, and more straightfoward, and probably more correct.

While using the previous trick, I was feeling that the fonts are too large, so entered VobSub to change. Investigative as I am, I also took another look at the other settings. Then, in the General tab, I saw "Vertical padding (if you want to move the subtitles below the picture". Isn't that just what we wanted, but in only 1 step?

But, this method has its drawbacks:

- It's only limited to the choices available, meaning no 5:4. It's probably possible to modify it such that it does 5:4, but I don't have the programming skills. I'll look up on how to do so when I feel like it. (Hey, at least I'm truthful, more so than people who keep saying "next update")
- The black parts were actually not black when I tested, it was some kind of grey or brown. Which can get irritating when you have a 5:4 screen and see the difference
- It's pointless to do this when you're also doing the resize

Basically if you have a 4:3 monitor, this is the trick for you. You lucky peeps who can full-screen doujin games and visual novels without stretching the image. But if you have a 5:4 screen like me, stick to the old trick. If you want to use LanczosResize, stick to the old trick too.

No comments: