W A R N I N G !


W A R N I N G !

This page is full of non-facts and bullsh!t, (just like the internet and especially forums and other blogs), please do not believe entirely without exercising your intellect. Any resemblance to real things in reality is purely coincidental. You are free to interpret/misinterpret the content however you like, most likely for entertainment, but in no case is the text written on this blog the absolute truth. The blog owner and Blogger are not responsible for any misunderstanding of ASCII characters as facts. *cough* As I was saying, you are free to interpret however you like. *cough*

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Badly-designed cheap product strikes again

I opened up this portable speaker with the intention of converting into a passive one,


It is a mono speaker that accepts 3.5mm stereo input. I couldn't see clearly the different solder joints for the red and white input wires, so I looked at the bottom of the PCB,


And I realized that I didn't see wrong, the red and white wires are indeed connected together. A quick check by the meter confirms it to be the case.


Pardon the zero error of the cheap meter.

Would it have cost them too much to include two more resistors? Luckily I haven't connected it to a headphone amp, or I'd be even more mad if something of mine did spoil.

No comments: